Miyerkules, Pebrero 13, 2013

Romanticizing Red and the Ferris Wheel


Delighting at the thought that it's Heart's Day, I am insufferably surrounded by lovers with no problem showing how in love they are. My Mom has a date, so does my Dad, and my grandparents too! They would even tease me if I managed to snag a date for this day, but alas, no. 
I think I have dedicated my Valentine night with my Central Barkada/Team and nothing more. No special someone as of late, not that I'm rushing or anything. I just believe, or would just love to rather, that HE's out there. My soulmate. And no, it is not pathetic to have faith in destiny or fate. I can feel that I am soon to come across with a serendipitous encounter. And soon I shall come to meet my fiction-based guy. I do not know you yet, but I can hear you through the songs I accidentally play or happen to hear while out on the streets. I would like to think that you are waiting for me too, because I'm such a hopeless romantic. And I disagree at the notion of people that this only happens in movies.If people are able to act it out, write about it, and sing about it, then it could be possible. It counts as real. As real as your mind wants it to be.


***

I'd imagine myself sitting inside a Ferris wheel overlooking the city at night adorned with mesmerizing lights. Of course, I won't be alone on this fateful day. Atop the ride we chose we'll hold hands and glance each other shyly and perhaps blush at an immediate mutual thought. We smile and inch closer, feeling our warm breaths grazing our faces. At the touch of our lips, there the city sparks fireworks. Beautiful colors describing the insides of our brains and the riot of butterflies in our stomachs. We detach, just to communicate with our eyes and smile again. As we hold each other's hands tighter, we look at the city lights once more. Our faces were red as ripening tomatoes but we're happy, like lovesick teenagers again. We say the three little words, we often say, build up promises for this year and the next, and before we knew it, it was time to alight our magical vessel. Before I turning away, I looked up again at the Ferris wheel who bore witness to the sweetest Valentine's day I ever spent with you. Not because you gave me gifts, roses or chocolates, but because you were there at the exact moment I wanted you to be. With fingers intertwined and the red string of fate wrapped around our pinkies, we departed with plastered smiles and blissful hearts.




That is how I would like to spend my Valentine's Day... in the coming years I suppose. :))




Happy Heart's Day everyone! Keep the love burning! <3

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento