Sabado, Disyembre 29, 2012

Obliviation

I forgot.

I forgot what you said to me five seconds ago. I forgot to tell you that I borrowed a pen from your station, even though I reminded myself that thrice. I forgot that I was suppose to bring an umbrella due to the moody weather. Then again, I forgot how good it was to feel the rain running down on my skin.

I forgot how nostalgic it all seemed when I caught a glimpse of you from the outside of my freshly-painted-white window sill. I forgot how scrumptious my gran-gran's special Clubhouse sandwich is as the added melted cheese filled my mouth. How the pedicab drivers by-standing at our street's corner say their cheery Hello's whenever I pass them, the excitement of making new friends (not just flimsy acquaintances) motivates me, the indulgence in coffee makes me blurt out impossible phrases and ideas (more intoxicating than alcohol), and the feeling of being just fine.

Nothing to fret about except what's gonna be for lunch.
I forgot how lovely it all was when I still had feelings for you. And the goodness of my favorite Godiva white chocolate. The exchange of smiles and those knowing three-second stares made the butterflies in our stomach wild with glee. Or the time when we shared hours of conversation one rainy night, both waiting for that thing that didn't happen (perhaps it never will). Of course, there were times I tried questioning myself of how it all led to this, but it's too late. Always too late to ponder on such things though eager to make them right.

Maybe it's my fault. For being too weak when all the while I knew you were too. Making you carry all the burden. Not a word was said as it all just slowly faded.

Then was it all meant to be forgotten?

And then remembered and then forgotten just to infuriate our frustrations?
Flash forward. How painful it would seem when after all these years, when we meet once more we'll hear each other say: "Oh, I forgot about you." With all the pretentious smiles still intact.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento